The Pope will be coming to Washington, DC in April.
The papal schedule is rather limited:
- A visit to the White House (April 16)
- Meet with the U.S. Bishops at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (April 26)
- Mass at Nationals Baseball Park (April 17)
- Address Catholic Educators at Catholic University (April 17)
- Meet with Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh and Jewish leaders at the Pope John Paul II Cultural Center (April 17)
April 26 will be the Pope’s birthday! The Archdiocese of Washington is concerned that tickets for the papal Mass (which are free) might be scalped or auctioned on EBAY.
My only worry is with the Pope JP II Cultural Center event. The last time there was an interfaith activity there, it was not without some scandal.
I hope the Pope’s handlers are careful.