Last month I spoke about our Blessed Mother. On behalf of the participants of the pilgrimage to Guadalupe, I reprinted and in some cases re-wrote pro-life reflections upon the mysteries of the Rosary. I would also like to share them with you, starting this month with the Sorrowful Mysteries:
1. AGONY IN THE GARDEN – Our Blessed Lord sweat blood, so great was his agony. May each woman who agonizes whether to choose life or death for her unborn child have the courage and strength to pray, “Thy will be done,” and choose life.
2. SCOURGING AT THE PILLAR – All innocent flesh resonates with the scourged flesh of Christ. May we all recognize the terrible sin of dismembering and tearing the unborn child asunder in the womb.
3. CROWNING WITH THORNS – The crowning of thorns was done to humiliate Christ. May we never be fearful of human opinion, pain, or humiliation in our pro-life work. May we offer it up for the love of Jesus in reparation for sin and for the conversion of sinners.
4. CARRYING THE CROSS – Despite exhaustion and suffering, Jesus fulfilled his mission and carried his cross to Calvary. We have a purpose as well, the proclamation of the Gospel of Life. May we remain faithful in our pro-life efforts, no matter how tired or discouraged we may become.
5. CRUCIFIXION – Jesus forgave his murderers. He dies so that we might live. May we put aside all malice and seek the conversion of the lovers of death to the Gospel of Life. May we be forgiven our passive toleration of abortion in the past.
Encourage more of our brothers and their families to be active in the council and to work and to pray for the right to life.
Your Servant in Christ,
Fr. Joseph Jenkins