Dear Brother Knights,
Continuing the pro-life reflections upon the mysteries of the rosary, we turn this month to the Joyful Mysteries:
1. ANNUNCIATION – Mary faithfully received her unexpected pregnancy with the utmost trust in God. May all pregnant women do the same and welcome the life within them.
2. VISITATION – Mary and Elizabeth cared for each other and shared their immense joy. May we also nurture and celebrate motherhood as a precious gift.
3. NATIVITY – The birth of God into the human family raises up our dignity and makes every child, born and unborn, a reflection of the Christ child. May we share God’s love and respect for the children, seeing each life as immeasurable and irreplaceable.
4. PRESENTATION – Mary and Joseph presented the child Jesus in the temple as a recognition that every child belongs to God and is an expression of his creative will. May we never malign a child’s sacred dignity as simply an extension of a woman’s body.
5. FINDING JESUS IN THE TEMPLE- Mary and Joseph were anxious when Jesus could not be found. As the years passed, many would fail to find his divinity behind his humanity. Now the confusion comes full circle; may we always discern the humanity of the unborn child.
I hope you are finding these reflections useful. Mary can offer God’s pilgrim people much assurance. Vatican II says of her, “In the bodily and spiritual glory which she possesses in heaven, the Mother of Jesus continues in the present world as the image and first flowering of the Church as she is to be perfected in the world to come. Likewise, Mary shines forth on earth…..as a sure hope and solace for the PILGRIM People of God.”
Your Servant in Christ,
Fr. Joseph Jenkins